House of Thorns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application: Twenty Three

3 posters

Go down

Application: Twenty Three Empty Application: Twenty Three

Post  23 Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:53 pm

By filling in this application you declare your Out Of Character and In Character age is above 18+. Anyone found to be violating this primary rule will be removed from the guild without question. I also accept the Super Group contains themes of an adult nature and will abide by SSC Rulings listed below;

Safe: Attempts should be made to identify and prevent risks to health.
Sane: Activities should be undertaken in a sane and sensible cast of mind.
Consensual: All activities should involve the full consent of all parties involved.

Your Characters Name:
Twenty Three@kidhappy71

Your Characters Gender:
Female (Android)

Your Characters Age:
Eight years since inception. "Awake" for about two months.

Your (As in Player's) Date of Birth:
November 7/71 (41)

Your Characters Species:
Android

Your Personal Roleplay Experience:
Started table top rpging in the early eighties. Mostly GMing but have certainly done some runs as a player. Large collection of RP books. Played WOW and CoH. CoH is where 23 was first created and I ran her on an RP server. Favourite character was Vitaro Salintino, a merchants son (3rd edition D&D). Smooth talking, heart of gold rogue.

----

Where did you hear about House of Thorns?:
CORP website

What appeals to you the most about the Guild?:
Age restriction and darker theme. I was a fan of the World of Darkness, though never played. Back story was fresh, as well. It allowed me to redefine a past character in a major, though enjoyable way.

In what way do you see yourself contribute to the Group?
I'm a casual player that is incredibly drama free. I like a good story with my game.

What's your characters traits; Their flaws, their strengths?

In a line: Blade Runner's Pris and Zora with Joan of Arc's shadow.

Please note: If I'm going out of line with some of the House of Thorns canon, let me know and I'll edit accordingly.

Description: 23 is a series 10XX pleasure/protection model android with a psycho-nervous weave, owned by the House of Thorns. The whole series is psionically modified and programmed allowing for the models to read and respond to their companions wishes and fantasies without the clumsy pre-scenario programming required by purely mechanical "dolls".

23's namesake comes from her number within the series. Created exclusively for the House of Thorns, the 10XX series are multi-functioning providing entertainment for parties as well as protection for guests and hosts. In some cases, the psionic surveillance capabilities were used as tools for black mailing certain guests, either to keep them in line with the House of Thorns or to advance the one of the Houses causes.

Traits: All of the 10XX series are in peak human physical condition and display sharp reasoning abilities. Heightened, though not extraordinary, senses are default. Hand-to-hand training is programmed into all models. All models are equipped with a psionic weave nervous system that allows for the manifestation of solid weaponry and protection. This allows for a completely "naked" 10XX to be fully combat capable at a moments notice.

Description: She is a petite female, with pale skin and chin length dark hair. She has very fine features. She has taken to wearing religious motifs, as she often did in her past roles.

Background: Up until two months ago, 23 was like any of the other dolls used for house events and security. At a recent parties she was privately entertaining a guest with a penchant for nun scenarios. Part way through she suffered a mysterious and total attack of seizures. Quickly removed from the party her body went into a coma, though her psionic weave showed extraordinary agitation. Three days later she "awoke", fully conscience though with no memory of any past experiences.

The involved guest has since disappeared with no record to by found in 23's memories. All of the mysterious guest's past has also failed to check out even though the he had been invited to multiple events and was known to be a member of the upper echelons of Millennium City. The House is disturbed by someone apparently infiltrating the house for some completely unknown motive.

23's weave now shows not only the previous psionic capabilities but appears to have manifested "spirit". How this has happened is complete conjecture and not understood, as of yet.

Flaws: 23's short time awake makes her very inexperienced when it comes to others motives. Her psionic abilities do allow her to read intent in someones thoughts but she has no experience as to what might drive someone to do something or what motivates them. The challenge this presents is that 23 is unable to intuit someones actions or purpose unless they are in her immediate vicinity. She can easily be deceived by those at a distance or those trying to influence her though others.

As a past pleasure model, she has many shared experiences with people inside and outside the House of Thorns. She has no memory of any of these and not everyone that has been acquainted with her realizes this. Some re-introductions have been awkward, others painful for the presumptuous. She has seen the other 10XX's performing their functions at events and though it doesn't disturb her directly the fact that she did the same and has no recollection or desire vexes her. The House has kept her quietly out of site, out of respect to her and to the comfort of some of the guests that had past encounters with her.

What position do you see your Character in the House of Thorns?
Light enforcement within groups on adventures. Not a leader but capable support character.

----

What times do you play?:
nights though the days of the week will vary. I'm on shift work.

What day would be best to play your House of Thorns Character?:
varies.

Cake or Pie?:
Used to be cheese cake. Now it's homemade cherry pie, from cherries in our orchard.

Thanks for taking time to read this.

Back to top Go down

Application: Twenty Three Empty Re: Application: Twenty Three

Post  Lilith Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:47 am

Hello, there, 23.

Thank you for the application.

Please also read this thread.

The backstory of your character is very interesting; however, I am not sure it fits with the House. It may be better to have her built, perhaps, by another company and perhaps her amnesia inadvertently leads her to the House.

We can discuss it more. Please, feel free to contact myself in-game for OOC chat regarding the House and your concept as well as getting to the RP. Please also feel free to contact the other Officers for RP or find where we might congregate for such.
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  23 Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:26 am

Perfect, thanks Lilith. I'll read a bit more of the CO Lore Primer and play around with some stuff tonight.

I'll go through some of the RP threads and here and get the gist.

I'm away on work sitting in a hotel room killing a weekend.

Appreciate the feedback!

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:58 am

23 wrote:
Appreciate the feedback!

Of course, and we can brainstorm and discuss here or via PM's all you may like.

I also linked that thread not just for your edification on the House, but also because one itty teensy thing was missing from your application.
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:20 am

Sounds very similar to Lexi as she is 100% sentient robot with similar traits and abilitys, will be interesting to see how they interact.

Create your own character completely, don't create a character with basis as being in House of Thorns or a character built entirely to suit the House of Thorns, the 'mold' is something only your RP experience with us can forge and for that reason may end up completely different.

I would really like to see a revised backstory without the Thorns ever making an appearance until present day when you meet us ingame for the first time.
Lexi
Lexi
Resident Gynoid

Back to top Go down

Post  23 Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:02 am

I should be able to do that Lexi. Her original CoH concept was a warrior-nun android out of a Monastery based in Montreal. Part of the Order of Thorns. When I saw this group's title I was pretty intrigued and thought I'd give her origins a major rewrite (though still going with the warrior/nun aspect).

Like I said, I'll do some reading here to get a better feel of the group and read up on the CO lore.

Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:56 am

That concept sounds a lot more original and thoughtful. A robot involved in religion? Seems like a good talking point.
Lexi
Lexi
Resident Gynoid

Back to top Go down

Post  23 Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:16 am

Lexi, I just saw your description via the /who. Yeah, I'd really feel like I was riding your coat tails with character concept!

I'll go back to the roots with 23 and see if I can make that work. If not, c'est la vie. Cheers!

Back to top Go down

Post  23 Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:56 am

Ok, I've browsed a couple of the threads and am completely impressed. However, I don't think this is the place for 23 to permanently live. I'm going to continue looking for a home for her though I'll definitely be lurking and hope to have her swing by the club at some point in her story line.

Brilliant stuff folks.

Hope to see you around.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:08 pm

Alright, 23. Please feel free to consider us for other characters that you feel may fit. We also have a very regular RP circle that goes beyond the borders of the House, so feel free to also look us up for RP as you like.

Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:50 pm

Would still be very awesome to meet your character with Lexi. I'm on your friends list so just gimme a poke sometime!
Lexi
Lexi
Resident Gynoid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down