House of Thorns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application: Oops

5 posters

Go down

Application: Oops Empty Application: Oops

Post  Derangement Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:44 pm

By filling in this application you declare your Out Of Character and In Character age is above 18+. Anyone found to be violating this primary rule will be removed from the guild without question. I also accept the Super Group contains themes of an adult nature and will abide by SSC Rulings listed below;

Safe: Attempts should be made to identify and prevent risks to health.
Sane: Activities should be undertaken in a sane and sensible cast of mind.
Consensual: All activities should involve the full consent of all parties involved.

Your Characters Name:
Samantha 'Oops' Murphy (Oops@Derangement)

Your Characters Gender:
Female

Your Characters Age:

Your (As in Player's) Date of Birth:
11/Jun/1986

Your Characters Species:
Human (Reality Warper)

Your Personal Roleplay Experience:
My childhood was filled with games of make-believe, which somehow turned into cooperative scribbled drawing stories, followed later by more formalized games such as Vampire: the Masquerade, D&D (3rd edition and onward), and GURPS.
When it comes to MMOs, I have dabbled in light RP on World of Warcraft and City of Heroes before coming here to Champions Online.

----

Where did you hear about House of Thorns?:
I first bumped into the Fetish Fuel thread while it was an idea on the CORP Brainstorming forums, and thought it was an interesting concept.

Some time later, while playing on Blackbird, I happened to team up with Harbinger and two girls whose names elude me at the moment. (sorry Embarassed)
This made me realize HoT actually existed in more than just concept, and I've kept a small corner of my brain thinking about it since then.

My recent befriending of Rae, El, and Em would be what finally drove me to actively meet more House members, and ultimately submit an application.

What appeals to you the most about the Guild?:
I like that there is some good roleplay going on in the guild, where people don't shy away from mature and alternative topics (that I would otherwise have no contact with), yet without focusing solely on ERP either.
I also happen to have grown to like said people. Very Happy

In what way do you see yourself contribute to the Group?
I like to help people out with all sorts of brainstorming, be it RP ideas, character builds, or anything else where two minds work better than one.
I've also got some programming and web development skills, if there is ever any need for them. Just don't ask me to set up systems from scratch. Wink

In addition, and in case it isn't obvious, I'd like to point out that I like smileys. A lot.
So I'll share free servings of :> goodness with anyone who wants.

What's your characters traits; Their flaws, their strengths?
For most of her life, Sam had been shy and somewhat insecure.
She would often sell herself short when considering what to strive for, and had (likely because of her power) taken the habit of constantly apologizing for other people's misfortunes, a fact that earned her the nickname 'Oops'.

A caring person at heart, she would often look up to superheroes for their selfless dedication to those who couldn't protect themselves.
While she 'knew' she could never be in their shoes, fighting crime from the front lines, she would aspire to help them in her own subtle way, by gathering evidence on lesser crime lords from overheard conversations she would bump into, or stopping the occasional robbery when a thug would trip and knock himself unconscious against a wall.

Slowly but steadily, her confidence in herself increased, along with her control over her power. Using her childhood moniker for a codename, she eventually entered the superheroic ranks.
Teaming up proved to be a positive experience, her teammates urging Sam to trust herself, and comforting her when she felt unsure of herself.
It was so that she met Reagan O'Neill AKA "Miss Midnight", developing a friendship that flourished into so much more.

Since then, Sam's trust in herself has grown by leaps and bounds, even if she still has a long path ahead of her.
While no longer the terminally insecure person she used to be, she still tends to err on the side of caution, preferring not to commit herself to a task until she is certain she stands a good chance of succeeding.

For all her flaws, her cautious nature pales before the dedication she has to those she knows and cares for, as she will go out of her way to help them in anything and everything, if they will have her aid.

Physically, she is indistinguishable from any normal human (or at least one with purple dyed hair), even if anyone who knows her well enough will notice that reality doesn't quite behave normally when she's around.

To her, uncanny coincidences and disastrous mishaps are common occurrences, brought forward by a more-or-less subconscious power that alters probability.
While she can try to purposefully nudge odds in her favor, or stack them against someone else, there are days when things simply go wrong, a liability that has caused her a great deal of inconvenience in the past.

On a more positive note, there is also a reliable facet of her reality altering power:
She can warp space to some degree, which she often does to deflect attacks from herself, project concussive waves, and warp minor wounds shut.
More inventive applications include manipulating objects without being near them, or even long-distance travel without the need for plane tickets. Smile

Not being particularly fast, agile, or durable, anything that poses a threat to a normal person is also a danger to her, be it knives, bullets, or the IRS.
This makes her favor teamwork over solo heroics, preferring to rely on someone resilient enough to withstand direct assault, rather than test the limits of her deflection field.

What position do you see your Character in the House of Thorns?
Right next to Rae, smiling happily. tongue

As for what role she might play in the House, Sam has a degree in economics and a fairly good understanding of the stock market, so she could provide logistic assistance in those areas, if such were needed.

Also, her probability warping makes Sam a bit of a wildcard, especially suited to help with pretty much anything where a heroic hand is needed, but the situation calls for subtlety over force (not that she isn't capable of the former, if the need arises).
The role of a problem solver for miscellaneous issues comes to mind.

----

What times do you play?:
I usually fit my play time somewhere between 10h00 and 20h00 UK time.
If my poor timezone conversion skills are to be trusted, that'd be roughly 2:00 AM to 12:00 Noon PDT (or is it PST? I suppose it depends on the time of the year).
Weekends tend to be a bit more flexible.

What day would be best to play your House of Thorns Character?:
I usually play on most weekdays, plus one of either Saturday or Sunday, depending on the week.
For attending organized events that happen later than my regular playtime, weekends would be best. Smile

Cake or Pie?:
Mmm... My grandmother's sweet lemon pie...

*drools*
See what you've done? Now I'm hungry!

---

Thanks for taking time to fill this in!
I have reviewed the common questions thread.
Derangement
Derangement

Back to top Go down

Application: Oops Empty Re: Application: Oops

Post  Miss Midnight Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:49 pm

*rushes over and glomps!* What a Face

About time Honey! heheh! cheers
Miss Midnight
Miss Midnight

Back to top Go down

Application: Oops Empty Re: Application: Oops

Post  Lilith Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:54 pm