House of Thorns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application - Rinamalia

4 posters

Go down

Application - Rinamalia Empty Application - Rinamalia

Post  Rinamalia Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:10 am

By filling in this application you declare your Out Of Character and In Character age is above 18+. Anyone found to be violating this primary rule will be removed from the guild without question. I also accept the Super Group contains themes of an adult nature and will abide by SSC Rulings listed below;
Safe: Attempts should be made to identify and prevent risks to health.
Sane: Activities should be undertaken in a sane and sensible cast of mind.
Consensual: All activities should involve the full consent of all parties

involved.

Your Characters Name:
Rinamalia
(Or Rin for short)

Your Characters Gender:
Female

Your Characters Age:

Your (As in Player's) Date of Birth:
September 15, 1982

Your Characters Species:
Human (Spirit-touched)

Your Personal Roleplay Experience:
Most of my roleplay experience has come from game coordinated through forums or messageboards, probably as far back as 10 years ago. I never roleplayed in an MMO until WoW and, soon after, CoX. I was actually fortunate enough to find some decent RP in WoW, but you can imagine that that could only last for so long given the strength of the RP community in that game (in comparison). Thus far in CO, I've been RPing with my two characters in The Prodigy. My main character, Vyelle, can be found on the PRIMUS wiki at http://www.primusdatabase.com/index.php?title=Vyelle

----

Where did you hear about House of Thorns?:
A little bit of word of mouth and little bit of the thread on the CORP forum.

What appeals to you the most about the Guild?:
First of all, I've heard nothing but good things from members of HoT and those who've interacted with them. I've gotten the sense that the group has a strong sense of actually being a group, as opposed to a collection of individuals. Activeness and an openess to welcoming others is a huge draw. A mature environment built on mutual respect is something I appreciated. Ironic perhaps that my other CO characters are in a group for teenagers =P

In what way do you see yourself contribute to the Group?
I'm not sure if I have any tangible skills to offer. I do a little bit of Photoshop work, but it's at the level of a knowledgeable amateur at best. I believe I'm an above average writer if there's any way I can contribute in that respect beyond just the day to day RP. Otherwise, I like to think I'm a level-headed and mellow sort of person =)

What's your characters traits; Their flaws, their strengths?
Rinamalia is a member of the Tchietka, a group of Aboriginal peoples from Canada with close ties to the spirits prevalent in their culture and unique beliefs (even among other Aboriginal groups). However, despite the strong undercurrents of tradition, the current generation of Tchietka are familiar with the modern world, especially so for the younger members who are not discouraged from travelling to the nearest town or village once every month or two. As a result, Rinamalia maintains an understanding of what technology has to offer, though is not accustomed to relying on it, especially when it comes to higher technology of a frivolous and luxurious nature.

Her father was the village healer, and as the only daughter, was expected to succeed him since it was believed that the extent to which an individual could communicate with the Spirits was inherited. At a young age, Rinamalia was taught the traditional remedies of her people as well as the proper rituals necessary to seek the blessings of the Spirits. Over time, her sense of compassion grew. She truly and honestly cared deeply for all those who would seek the aid of her or her father, to the point that it upset her greatly to see another individual suffering. In such cases, she would do anything to ease their pain, almost doting over those in her care. Perhaps stemming from this tendency, she quickly develops attachments to people in need, whether good or bad.

Rinamalia is also an absolute optimist. This, however, does not always mix well with her other characteristics. Her unwavering optimism and compassion has on occasion left her naive and blind to something's true nature.

Though human, Rinamalia has non-human features, including a pair of antelope-like horns and animalistic hands. In summary, this appearance was the result of a pact she made with a Spirit in order to cleanse her people of a devastating illness that threatened to drive the small village of Tchietka people to extinction. In exchange for the ability to heal her people, she was told cryptically that once they were saved, she would be lost to the Tchietka and from then on serve the Spirits when needed. While she has since grown used to her new appearance and is well adjusted to it, she can sometimes still feel uncomfortable when someone focuses on it.

What position do you see your Character in the House of Thorns?
In an IC sense, I see Rin as a healer for those interested in alternative treatments beyond mainstream medicine. It is, after all, a dangerous world out there.

----

What times do you play?:
I'm in the Pacific Time zone, with a work schedule that doesn't conform to a regular work week at all. So depending on whether it's my work shift or my "off" shift, I'll either be on early evening or anytime between afternoon and late, late, late night (all Pacific time).

What day would be best to play your House of Thorns Character?:
See above. It's going to vary across the regular week.

Cake or Pie?:
Pie! Of a fruit variety preferably. Warm flaky crust. And ice cream. Mmmm...

Last edited by Rinamalia on Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rinamalia
Rinamalia

Back to top Go down

Application - Rinamalia Empty Re: Application - Rinamalia

Post  Lilith Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:24 pm

Hi there Rin.

Thanks for dropping in and submitting an application.

Feel free to look up me (@Seleos), our officers, or anyone else in the House really for some in-game interaction. We'll be in touch for an IC interview, too.
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Rinamalia Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:24 pm

Thanks! I'm actually starting my work "week" today, so I'll only be able to log on for short periods in the evening for the next few days. I'll keep and eye out though and look forward to meeting some of you =)
Rinamalia
Rinamalia

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:40 pm

Hey Rin!

Was a bit worried at first as your char on the Wiki is 17-19 years old.

But your applying on a different one right?
Lexi
Lexi
Resident Gynoid

Back to top Go down

Post  Mind_Puck Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:49 pm

Wait? She has horns? Guuuuuys! She has horns!

*hops*
Mind_Puck
Mind_Puck

Back to top Go down

Post  Rinamalia Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:49 am

Cy wrote:Hey Rin!

Yep. That was just an example of an existing character. Rinamalia is a different character from Vyelle.
Rinamalia
Rinamalia

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:46 am

Rinamalia wrote:
Cy wrote:Hey Rin!

Yep. That was just an example of an existing character. Rinamalia is a different character from Vyelle.

Great!

Best of luck with your application Rin! Very Happy
Lexi
Lexi
Resident Gynoid

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:08 am

Accepted.

Welcome to the House!
Lilith
Lilith