House of Thorns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application - Kid Death

Go down

Application - Kid Death Empty Application - Kid Death

Post  @Redligh Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:04 pm

By filling in this application you declare your Out Of Character and In Character age is above 18+. Anyone found to be violating this primary rule will be removed from the guild without question. I also accept the Super Group contains themes of an adult nature and will abide by SSC Rulings listed below;

Safe: Attempts should be made to identify and prevent risks to health.
Sane: Activities should be undertaken in a sane and sensible cast of mind.
Consensual: All activities should involve the full consent of all parties involved.

Your Characters Name:
Kid Death@Redlight > To note that this name was given to him at the Hero registration office. When asked what his name was, he simply offered the one he had been using for the last decade or so, Marcus. Of course that wouldn't do for someone trying to make a difference in MC, so the registration girl (First day of work) was overly motivated to find him a name that would pull the eyes and ears. He sometimes still has flashes of old names and lives he used to have but they are foggy and his memory gets twisted after each passing...

Your Characters Gender:
Male

Your Characters Age:
Uknown (by him & most). Since you said this info will most likely be on file in the HoT, he really doesn't know. If you need to know, I'll add it.

Your (As in Player's) Date of Birth:
1978, april 20th < this makes me old right!?

Your Characters Species:
Supernatural > Looks human

Your Personal Roleplay Experience:
Started with good old D&D (Pen & Paper) in late 80's and tried a few variations like Steampunk, Vampires, Legends, etc. Finaly made the jump to MMOs with Ultima, EQ1 and then so forth with all mainstream MMOs that came out. The most fun I've had recently was with 'The Pack' in CO. But sadly I had to take a break > Work > and when I came back everyone was gone, SG was dead.
----

Where did you hear about House of Thorns?:
CORP forums

What appeals to you the most about the Guild?:
I guess, first on my list is curiosity. I have done a lot of roleplay and I have played mature themes before but only within small groups and close friends. I guess going online is the next step and makes it exciting (And a necessity in my case now).
Second, I need RP to enjoy an MMO now. Just the game isn't enough anymore and I don't want 'saturday morning cartoon RP'. I want truth and ugly reality slapped in my face with a dash of heroism. Also makes the characters more believable and I get attached to them a lot more.

And in complete honesty...Lilith. That name just haunts me everytime I see it somewhere. The history of the name is so interesting and old that i'm drawn to it.

In what way do you see yourself contribute to the Group?
As a player, I'm decent and know how to follow directions < Also very helpful as a husband... ...Or so i'm told. And I'm hell'a friendly.
As a Role Player, I strongly believe immersion is the key. If I'm roleplaying, I AM my character, I never let my opinions affect my characters. If I'm a nasty old man (Which I'm not by the way...) then I'll play a nasty old man to a "T".
I also know that my character has flaws, weaknesses and bad habbits which I'll never downplay to make him feel "Super-duper-ultra-powerful". He's broken from the start and needs to get fixed and that's where the SG comes in...I hope...

What's your characters traits; Their flaws, their strengths?
Ok, I've seen applicants write complete background stories here but again, I read that everything here can be in the HoT files so I'll do a 'Lucas' and glimpse act 4 and just add a few details. If you need act 1, 2, 3 just let me know.

December 30th, 1066 (Marcus oldest memory to date...)
After the crucifixion of Vizier Joseph Ibn Naghrela in Granada, Al-Andalus. A muslim mob kills 4 000 jewish citizen in the city. Afternoon turns to night and the mob finaly disolves in smaller groups. One such groups falls upon a mound of dead bodies and although they do not regret what was done they decide to burn the corpses. As the tallest and bravest approaches the bodies with a lit torch he stops abruptly. One of the corpse infront of him stirs...Moans and stands. Tall and athletic, all the wounds inflicted earlier are gone and his eyes, shining white like a becon in the dark. Looking into them for a few seconds, the brave man falls to his knees and starts praying heavily. The corpse turns and leaves.

A few days later, the brave man finaly confides in his friends. "I saw my death in his eyes... I will die old and in bed. Alone...No child of my own".
(End of memory)

Marcus (No last names) is a 6'1 sligthly bronzed man that looks in his early 30's. White short hair gives the impression he's older at first glance but his young complexion confuses most. Always armed with a 'Misbehaved' and occasionaly flirty smile, he wears a hood that covers parts of is face, refusing to look anyone in the eyes. He feels a little cold to the touch but not unaturally. He possesses powers and skills he scarcely understands but his unafraid to use them for the greater good. His memories are sometimes puzzling but he knows one thing for sure, he as been alive or half alive and walking this earth for a very long time. Although how long is still a mystery he intends to solve. He currently can remember everything after 1919, April 13th > the Amritsar massacre, 379 death, including him. Since then he has died a total of 27 times more in wars, heroic altercations and wrong place, wrong time situations.

Every time he dies, he may be out for a few minutes or an entire week (Which I intend to roleplay). And it can be problematic... He had to dig himself out of coffins more times than he wishes to remember. But one thing is constant after each death, he comes back with different memories, new pieces of the puzzle. Other pieces forgotten. That is why he writes all of them in diaries which he considers his most priceless treasure.

Confident in his abilities but not always in his decisions. He will go to great lengths to avoid confrontations and that, on the battle field or in discussions. Will always voice his opinion but won't fight to defend it. He believes it and that's enough for him. Level headed, he always speaks low and soft and his known to crack a joke once in a while if the mood seems light enough.

He is very skilled with weapons of all types but he prefers swords and his athletic build makes him fast and powerful. His other powers are seldom brought forth, only in time of great need or when he nears death or rebirth.

What position do you see your Character in the House of Thorns?
Sometimes tends to be a bit fatherly and wishes to take care of more confused and lost souls. Priest-like on occasion. Marcus is a great listener and offers advice and warnings but will never take charge unless the situation really demands it. Also armed with countless skills from his life times, he's a great teacher, scholar, soldier, carpenter, electrician, plumber, etc...Depending on his current memories.

----

What times do you play?:
Here's the thing... I play from China so my playtimes are a little wack. Except on the weekends where I get up at 10am and play with America where it's 10pm or close. So weekends = Awesome!

What day would be best to play your House of Thorns Character?:
I would only play this character, everytime i'm online.

Cake or Pie?:
Both > Cuz dying for centuries builds an appetite!

Oh and I read the thingy thingy about the stuffy stuffy...Hum, yeah, questions and history! Swear!

Thanks for taking time to fill this in!

@Redligh

Back to top Go down

Application - Kid Death Empty Re: Application - Kid Death

Post  Lilith Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:46 pm

Hi there, Redlight. Thanks for dropping by and providing an application. Very interesting concept. It reminds me a bit of the movie Memento (the loss of memory and diaries to aid recover of such). Feel free to look us up in game (even if we are on alts). We're very open to engaging RP with new people.
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down