House of Thorns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application - Headcase

4 posters

Go down

Application - Headcase Empty Application - Headcase

Post  Headcase Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:30 am

By filling in this application you declare your Out Of Character and In Character age is above 18+. Anyone found to be violating this primary rule will be removed from the guild without question. I also accept the Super Group contains themes of an adult nature and will abide by SSC Rulings listed below;

Safe: Attempts should be made to identify and prevent risks to health.
Sane: Activities should be undertaken in a sane and sensible cast of mind.
Consensual: All activities should involve the full consent of all parties involved.

Your Characters Name:
Headcase@Wilhelm Scream

Your Characters Gender:
Female

Your Characters Age:

Your (As in Player's) Date of Birth:
March 14th, 1977 (Milly: April 2nd, 1980)

Your Characters Species:
Human

Your Personal Roleplay Experience:
20+ years

----

Where did you hear about House of Thorns?:
From Fetish, The Harbinger, and Magyk (*waves!*)

What appeals to you the most about the Guild?:
I've been sitting on this character for a bit, since she doesn't really fit in most guilds very well, and her subject matter is more mature than most RP allows for without dipping into too much angst. It helped, too, that the RP wasn't creepy, even though a couple people were clearly amused that my character was ICly embarassed.

In what way do you see yourself contribute to the Group?
A support role, since I'm only likely to play a couple weekdays, during the day.

What's your characters traits; Their flaws, their strengths?
Right now, Headcase is scared out of her mind, though she doesn't let on. She's also honest, sometimes brutally so, though she doesn't have any choice in the matter. She's also surprisingly understanding, for equally obvious reasons, and appreciates multiple perspectives, even if she doesn't always understand them.

Milly Stanford grew up with only minor psionic abilities, like knowing when her close friends were nearby, or when people were focusing their attention on her. A bright child, she eventually realized what this meant, even if she did think it was little more than an edge in hide and seek. She could sneak away from her teachers, or hide from bullies, but little more. By the time she reached her teens, she had figured out that she was psychic, but could not prove it to any of her skeptical friends.

Surprisingly, after graduation from high school she won a full-ride scholarship to the University of Michigan in Millennium City. Her grades, while good, were never that good, but her parents encouraged her to accept it, and she enrolled as a psychology major. Though a capable student, she quickly discovered her anonymous patrons were Mind, Inc., who offered to help train her budding psychic powers, and she eagerly accepted.

Unfortunately, her abilities were extraordinarily limited, and even under the tutelage of advanced psionicists, she could do little more than read surface thoughts from panicked and excited normals, much less the testers. Finally, one told her that they could put her through an experimental program that would magnify much of her abilities, or else they would cut off her scholarship immediately. Frightened of returning home a failure, and wanting to have the kind of power she saw in others, she accepted.

The procedures involved were painful, but quickly bore fruit. She regularly undertook new drugs, cutting edge neurosurgery, and the direct manipulations of her mind at the hands of immensely powerful psychics. She could find anyone she'd ever met, twist perceptions, and discover deeply suppressed memories of even well-disciplined minds. For ten years, she did it all for her superiors at Mind, Inc.

They still deemed the experiments to be failures, however, as they had inadvertantly given her these gifts at the cost of the bulk of her sensory and motor skills, rendering her partially paralyzed, epileptic, and mute, blind, deaf, and numb.

For ten years, they kept her drugged when not in use, and bound to her bed in a private hospital. At all times, PSI staff tended to her, bringing her out of her drug haze only to perform deep scans or to torture victims with her nightmares and seizures. When her family or friends grew suspicious, a PSI agent would mentally ride her body, and kept her just fit enough to dissuade suspicion on whether she was sick or in poor health.

All this time, however, Milly was conscious, and watching. While she could still not challenge the refined skills of her superiors, she waited for an arrogant and unwary rider. After a torturous day at the park with her parents, he abandoned her body to skip out for a few hours without his masters' supervision. She reached out with all her will as he climbed down the stairs of her supposed apartment. Her jailor out of the way, she crawled from the bed to safety, gradually learning how to walk short distances and piggyback on others' senses in the next few hours as she sought out the one place she knew PSI would never come for her: Club Caprice.

What position do you see your Character in the House of Thorns?
Possibly an aid to security in the club, though her talents also lend themselves to being a confidant, spy, and/or a physical trainer, ironically enough.

----

What times do you play?:
I'm on pretty frequently, but my primary shifts on this character are likely to be Monday and Tuesday, mornings through early evenings.

What day would be best to play your House of Thorns Character?:
Mondays and Tuesdays

Cake or Pie?:
Little red cookbook.

Edit: *facepalm* I have reviewed the common questions thread.

Last edited by Headcase on Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:02 am; edited 2 times in total

Headcase

Back to top Go down

Application - Headcase Empty Re: Application - Headcase

Post  Lexi Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:38 am

Her jailor out of the way, she crawled from the bed to safety, gradually learning how to walk short distances and piggyback on others' senses in the next few hours as she sought out the one place she knew PSI would never come for her: Club Caprice.

She does venture out of Caprice too I hope!

Would be interesting to have a Psychic in the House, best of luck with your app. Very Happy
Lexi
Lexi
Resident Gynoid

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:05 pm

Thanks for dropping in!

Question for you - how is your character's sanity after all of this?
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Headcase Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:47 pm

Lilith wrote:Thanks for dropping in!

Question for you - how is your character's sanity after all of this?

((Heh -- I knew I forgot a couple things.

Her sanity's suspiciously fine, though nobody's picked up on that so far. She still gets panicky around other psychics for a bit, but she's also spending a large portion of her power tweaking her own head to avoid rampant hallucinations, for instance, essentially mindcontrolling herself. If anyone's familiar with the Empowered series of comics, she's partially based on the character of Mindf**k in terms of how she's overcoming her obvious handicaps.

The nature of her powers, though, is that she can open her mind up as much as she wants. Oddly, her first night of freedom was surprisingly understanding, even among the people who thought she was a random drunk or crazy person. That helped, though she's still overwhelmed by the ability to feel what others around her do after so long. For the moment, she's trying to focus more on relearning basic motor skills and her atrophied digestive system than on remembering how long she's been gone, or the fact that she's going to need serious help just to see her family again.))

Headcase

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:49 pm

Thanks for the answer.

I ask, because as an MRP/Fetish SG, we ICly enforce the Sane part of Safe, Sane, and Consensual.
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Headcase Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:01 pm

Lilith wrote:Thanks for the answer.

I ask, because as an MRP/Fetish SG, we ICly enforce the Sane part of Safe, Sane, and Consensual.

((Oh, absolutely. She's not going to be a little panicky around psychics for a bit, and probably spend a long time in physical therapy, but she's also pretty cheery that she's gone the better part of a day on her own again. Unless she gets caught again, it's going to be hard for her to have a bad day, ever.

Edit: She'll be asking to share people's senses (I've been doing it OOCly so far), and yes, she will venture outside Caprice for brief periods, but she only really feels safe there for now.))

Headcase

Back to top Go down

Post  Harbinger Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:35 pm

An interesting application though I'm surprised to see my name as a reference. Do you mind if I ask what character I met you on? I tend to remember characters more than globals I'm afraid.
Harbinger
Harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Headcase Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:48 pm

Harbinger wrote:An interesting application though I'm surprised to see my name as a reference. Do you mind if I ask what character I met you on? I tend to remember characters more than globals I'm afraid.

((Inquest, sorry for the confusion.))

Headcase

Back to top Go down

Post  Headcase Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:21 am

((Hey, the first thing you read, don't forget to do.

*facepalms*))

Headcase

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:07 am

Approved!

Welcome to the House.
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down