House of Thorns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application: Wildcard

2 posters

Go down

Application: Wildcard Empty Application: Wildcard

Post  volcanostyle Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:39 am

I know you guys aren't looking right now, but s'worth a shot.

By filling in this application you declare your Out Of Character and In Character age is above 18+. Anyone found to be violating this primary rule will be removed from the guild without question. I also accept the Super Group contains themes of an adult nature and will abide by SSC Rulings listed below;

Safe: Attempts should be made to identify and prevent risks to health.
Sane: Activities should be undertaken in a sane and sensible cast of mind.
Consensual: All activities should involve the full consent of all parties involved.

Your Characters Name:
Wildcard (@volcanostyle)

Your Characters Gender:
Male.

Your Characters Age:
Twenty three. April 24th, 1986.

Your (As in Player's) Date of Birth:
June 29th, 1990.

Your Characters Species:
Human/Undead.

Your Personal Roleplay Experience:
I've been roleplaying over forums, instant messengers and the like since I was 12, so nearly 8 straight years now, and I've been roleplaying in MMORPGs since late 2005. Never done pen and paper, though I should probably give that a shot at some point.

----

Where did you hear about House of Thorns?:
Club Caprice.

What appeals to you the most about the Guild?:
The fact it's one of a select few RPSGs in Champions that actually seems to have cohesive teamwork, competent leadership, and a mature theme that everyone abides by rather than just being another rag-tag hero group. Like there's something that's drawn the characters to them, rather than just being a contracted merc-equivalent.

In what way do you see yourself contribute to the Group?
I really hate this question since I don't know what to write that every other applicant hasn't already. I'd like to consider myself active enough to make a worthwhile contribution to the roleplay of the group. Also, I'm lead to believe I have the world's sexiest voice if you guys ever get like, a podcast or something.

What's your characters traits; Their flaws, their strengths?
For someone who started life as a 'rich kid', Jason Hearn had it rough. Offspring to a failing marriage in the form of an abusive father and a dismissive mother, Jason's everyday life was an unloving monotony. After discovering his father's own drug addiction, and being told in his defense that it was the only way he could really 'get away', Jason became obsessed with finding his own form of escape as well. He reinvented himself practically overnight as the charismatic thrillseeker 'Robin' and spiralled into drug abuse of his own - though the effects soon dwindled to nothing, regardless of what he was taking.

These days, Robin seems to have moved past his sordid history as an addict, due to his new life as a hero having taken priority - mostly because it has to. A recent graduate of the University of Detroit in Complementary Therapies (majoring in massage, as he loves telling people), living in a run-down apartment in Westside, and unemployed with the last of his student loan squandered on an 'urban ninja' outfit, Robin doesn't have much going for him other than the fuzzy feeling he gets from brightening people's day. That and the fact that his ludicrously advanced regenerative mutation means that practically any attempt on his life had better be a damn good one.

First and foremost, Robin is a nice guy who has people's best interests at heart, since he's a dedicated hedonist looking to get as much out of life as possible, though there are times when he can grow so overbearing that he begins to lose track of what 'personal space' constitutes. As a fighter, there's not that much to him either, since his main methodology seems to be simply to point a pair of guns at whatever's in front of him and keep firing until it falls down, hoping his regeneration'll pull its weight on his behalf.

In more recent news, Robin's New Year wasn't exactly a pleasant one - mostly because he can't remember it. As far as he can recall, he lost a fight with a 'friend of a friend' and next thing he knew, three weeks of his life had gone past without him even realising. And whatever happened during those three weeks has left him with an inexplicable fear of fire, neon yellow eyes that seem to glow brighter by the day - and a most peculiarly agonising stomach ache that comes and goes...

What position do you see your Character in the House of Thorns?
Missionary. Ba-dum-tss.

Ultimately, Robin's just looking for a new home, and the 'pursuit of happiness' mentality of the House appeals to him immensely. Partly to satiate his newfound curiosity in how the 'powers' of his peers works and find likeminded people looking for global betterment and the like, but mostly because it's been a while since he went on a good old pleasure binge, and he'd be lying if he said he didn't miss it. Might as well put that degree to good use.

----

What times do you play?:
Any time, any day. I've learnt not to question my sleep pattern.

What day would be best to play your House of Thorns Character?:
Thursdays and Fridays are probably best.

Cake or Pie?:
Cake.

I have reviewed the common questions thread. Booya.

Thanks for taking time to fill this in!

volcanostyle

Back to top Go down

Application: Wildcard Empty Re: Application: Wildcard

Post  Lilith Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:41 pm

Hi there, Wildcard.

Thanks for the application.

Even though we are not recruiting, this does not hurt. Nor RPing with us, so we can determine if the "fit" is good.
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down