House of Thorns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application: Dynatech (Withdrawn)

5 posters

Go down

Application: Dynatech (Withdrawn) Empty Application: Dynatech (Withdrawn)

Post  Dynatech Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:59 am

By filling in this application you declare your Out Of Character and In Character age is above 18+. Anyone found to be violating this primary rule will be removed from the guild without question. I also accept the Super Group contains themes of an adult nature and will abide by SSC Rulings listed below;

Safe: Attempts should be made to identify and prevent risks to health.
Sane: Activities should be undertaken in a sane and sensible cast of mind.
Consensual: All activities should involve the full consent of all parties involved.

Your Characters Name:
Dynatech@efloWlivE

Your Characters Gender:
Male

Your Characters Age:

Your (As in Player's) Date of Birth:
04-20-1982

Your Characters Species:
Human

Your Personal Roleplay Experience:
Pretty inexperienced honestly. I've played a bit of D&D but not for extended periods of time. Never found a stable group to play with in my rural area.

----

Where did you hear about House of Thorns?:
I was looking for an RPing SG to make the game a bit more interesting. A few people told me I should look into House of Thorns. One of them was already applying here himself.

What appeals to you the most about the Guild?:
The maturity for one. After playing Warcraft for the past couple years I'd really like to be around older players. Also, after reading the SGs history I'm really looking forward to seeing how in depth the RPs get.

In what way do you see yourself contribute to the Group?
Shiny armor and a quick wit.

What's your characters traits; Their flaws, their strengths?
Well the current Dynatech's secret identity, Michael Wolfe, is actually the son of the original Dynatech, billionaire industrialist Albert Wolfe. He's taken up his father's armor to continue Albert's fight for good and to hopefully find out what happened to his father, who had mysteriously disappeared while Michael was still a child. Michael is actually assuming the role of his father, letting people think he is the original Dynatech. He's using his father's files on various heroes, villains, and groups such as House of Thorns (his father's files on the House are surprisingly bare compared to the rest) to have at least some knowledge of the original Dynatech, but he obviously has gaps as far as his father's personal experiences and confrontations went. His greatest weaknesses are his lack of experience as a hero and using the armor. Also, growing up with tabloid rumors explaining his father's disappearence such as being murdered because of underworld connections or running off to live another life with a mistress, Michael is a bit of a hot head. He's quick to let his emotions affect his decisions. He uses jokes to hide his emotions, even from himself sometimes.

What position do you see your Character in the House of Thorns?
An outsider investigating the SG and it's members.

Michael's investigation into his father's disappearence suggests that one or more members of the mysterious House of Thorns may be involved. Michael decides to use Dynatech's reputation and history to hopefully infiltrate the super group and find out what its members know. Did Albert Wolfe disappear because of his fortune and status, or did something happen to the armored hero Dynatech? If the latter is true it'll be interesting to note reactions to Dynatech's apparent return.

----

What times do you play?:
Between 6pm to Midnight EST. More on the weekends.

What day would be best to play your House of Thorns Character?:
I can play any day.

Cake or Pie?:
Icecream cake.

*I have reviewed the common questions thread*

Dynatech

Back to top Go down

Application: Dynatech (Withdrawn) Empty Re: Application: Dynatech (Withdrawn)

Post  Harbinger Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:07 am

While you have an interesting concept I should warn you that you are unlikely to be added to the SG until after you have come to the understanding that we are not responsible for your father's disappearance. This is a group based on severe and near infinite trust and honesty. If there was any IC suspcision about your group then your application would be delayed. If you think of the "Fetish Fuel", if there is any doubt that someone doing a whip demonstration cannot be trusted to know when to stop, then they would never be allowed near the stage.

If you look down at Eric de Sade's character you'll see he too wanted to do something 'interesting' with coming back to the group but sadly that creates lots of challenges to get over that hump and into the group. I will never say it cannot be done, but it can be challenging.

The Harbinger
Harbinger
Harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:55 am

Harbinger brings up a good point.

We are not villains. We are not even anti-heroes. You are also approaching us in a manner that will put you in a tough RP position. If/when we ever find out the real reason you joined, you might likely be cast out or so thoroughly ostracized as to resign on your own.

That said, thanks for dropping in.
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Dynatech Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:01 am

I understand what you're saying, but if that's the reason I get turned down I'd feel a little disappointed at my first big attempt at RPing. I know I say this as a newcomer from a roleplaying standpoint, but I thought one of the points of roleplaying was to act out a story and interacting with others to see where the outcome would lead. Maybe the House of Thorns will consider Dynatech's investigation a betrayal and act accordingly. Maybe Dynatech clears the House of suspicion and finds allies in its ranks. Maybe he even finds a place in the House and legitimately becomes one of you. Even if it would turn out with Dynatech only being a temporary member I think it'd be fun to play it out and see where the story goes.

Who knows, maybe someone could feel adventurous and throw in a possible clue about Michael's father. Just get into it, you know?

Of course I could just be making assumptions and you guys have no interest in this kind of storytelling, which would be my misunderstanding. If so, thank you for taking time to read about my character and I'd be happy to do something with any of you even if it's not as a member of the SG.

Dynatech

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:05 am

Dynatech wrote:I understand what you're saying, but if that's the reason I get turned down I'd feel a little disappointed at my first big attempt at RPing. I know I say this as a newcomer from a roleplaying standpoint, but I thought one of the points of roleplaying was to act out a story and interacting with others to see where the outcome would lead. Maybe the House of Thorns will consider Dynatech's investigation a betrayal and act accordingly. Maybe Dynatech clears the House of suspicion and finds allies in its ranks. Maybe he even finds a place in the House and legitimately becomes one of you. Even if it would turn out with Dynatech only being a temporary member I think it'd be fun to play it out and see where the story goes.

Who knows, maybe someone could feel adventurous and throw in a possible clue about Michael's father. Just get into it, you know?

Of course I could just be making assumptions and you guys have no interest in this kind of storytelling, which would be my misunderstanding. If so, thank you for taking time to read about my character and I'd be happy to do something with any of you even if it's not as a member of the SG.

Let's not be hasty. We are a very depthful, heavy RP SG. We are letting you know some potential issues with your proposal. This is not the first time we have had a situation like this. And we are always open to exploring RP angles, though that does not mean all work. No one is denying you membership at this point. These are matters in which we need to be up front and have discussion.
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Dynatech Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:14 am

Well I appreciate you being up front since I am new to this. I just want you to understand I do know what the consequences of the story could be. Honestly I came up with the idea to get my foot in the door since I can't think of too many legitimate reasons for Dynatech to join the House without breaking character. However after hanging around within ear shot at Club Caprice for a while 'investigating' members (Dynatech has learned squat, by the way, except that Ellenoire is a very patient listener) I'd really like to work with the SG.

Dynatech

Back to top Go down

Post  Harbinger Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:00 am

Another point I'd like to raise is that we are not adverse to good story telling but we are adverse to having our group torn assunder, or to including people we will ultimately have to remove. Do not think we all like to sit about and hold hands singing kumbya, we do enjoy some character conflict. But at the end of the day we have our goal to come back together, not go our seperate ways. It does not always work out that way, but that is one of our goals.

As to how your father might have been part of us, remember that many members of the House are prominent members of society. Perhaps he was a member himself, though not one of the more deviant tastes. Perhaps he and his wife simply liked a place where they could take turns with the paddle in true privacy that even home did not offer. Or perhaps they enjoyed watching others. It is, believe it or not, possible to be a dedicated monogamous heterosexual couple, and still find value in attending the affairs of the delightfully deviant.

And truth be told, if your father were to disappear, and was a member of the house, the house would have exausted every avenue to help find him as well. We would have been allies, not suspects.

I do hope you find us in game to chat more either IC or OOC depending on the road you chose to take.
Harbinger
Harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:44 am

Dynatech wrote:Well I appreciate you being up front since I am new to this. I just want you to understand I do know what the consequences of the story could be. Honestly I came up with the idea to get my foot in the door since I can't think of too many legitimate reasons for Dynatech to join the House without breaking character. However after hanging around within ear shot at Club Caprice for a while 'investigating' members (Dynatech has learned squat, by the way, except that Ellenoire is a very patient listener) I'd really like to work with the SG.

Hm, this worries me as a member.

HoT has a very unique concept if you find it hard to find a legitimate reason as to why your char may not fit in, then this might cause problems down the line?

What position do you see your Character in the House of Thorns?
An outsider investigating the SG and it's members.

Michael's investigation into his father's disappearence suggests that one or more members of the mysterious House of Thorns may be involved. Michael decides to use Dynatech's reputation and history to hopefully infiltrate the super group and find out what its members know. Did Albert Wolfe disappear because of his fortune and status, or did something happen to the armored hero Dynatech? If the latter is true it'll be interesting to note reactions to Dynatech's apparent return.

I love the interesting angle you've proposed. I just can't see it working.
Lexi
Lexi
Resident Gynoid

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormkitten Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:37 pm

*pokes nose in*

Maybe, for both this and the deSade type application, the answer is... don't join the SG, but -do- get involved. Make an 'outsider introduction' post like I did for Eshtarra, and keep the plot idea. Then you can use Tells (and potentially even the OOC channel, depending) to keep in touch with the HoT people and progress the RP. You don't have to wear the SG badge to interact with these people. Smile

If you decide you want more involved, then the character has to fit the group. It's the same with any IC supergroup, and it's a bit different than the guilds I was involved in on another MMO. There are cases where I'd like to be able to read the SG chat from 2-3 SGs on one character, because they have links to all of them. Maybe one day...
Stormkitten
Stormkitten

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:10 pm

Stormkitten wrote:*pokes nose in*

Maybe, for both this and the deSade type application, the answer is... don't join the SG, but -do- get involved. Make an 'outsider introduction' post like I did for Eshtarra, and keep the plot idea. Then you can use Tells (and potentially even the OOC channel, depending) to keep in touch with the HoT people and progress the RP. You don't have to wear the SG badge to interact with these people. Smile

If you decide you want more involved, then the character has to fit the group. It's the same with any IC supergroup, and it's a bit different than the guilds I was involved in on another MMO. There are cases where I'd like to be able to read the SG chat from 2-3 SGs on one character, because they have links to all of them. Maybe one day...

Very, very true.
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:57 pm

"Dear Dynatech,

I apologize for the lack of communication of late. House business keeps me well occupied. However, I do still wish to speak with you about your petition to the House. Feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience.

Warmest regards,

~Lilith"

============================================================================
((OOC - If you are still interested in pursuing your application, feel free to contact me or any of the Officers in-game:

•Lilith (@Seleos)
•Rosepetal (@APBullet)
•Harbinger (@Storm-Herald)
•Sabbath (@RunRiot)
•Fetish (@manm) ))
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:21 am

Dynatech contacted me to withdraw his application.
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down