House of Thorns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application: Prometheus

5 posters

Go down

Application:  Prometheus Empty Application: Prometheus

Post  DrTachyon Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:51 pm

By filling in this application you declare your Out Of Character and In Character age is above 18+. Anyone found to be violating this primary rule will be removed from the guild without question. I also accept the Super Group contains themes of an adult nature and will abide by SSC Rulings listed below;

Safe: Attempts should be made to identify and prevent risks to health.
Sane: Activities should be undertaken in a sane and sensible cast of mind.
Consensual: All activities should involve the full consent of all parties involved.

Your Characters Name:
Prometheus (@DrTachyon)

Your Characters Gender:
Male

Your Characters Age:
Timeless - He's a Titan

Your (As in Player's) Date of Birth:
7/12/1962

Your Characters Species:
Titan

Your Personal Roleplay Experience:
I started roleplaying with white box D&D. I have extensive rp experience both via table top, play by forum, and MMORPG

----

Where did you hear about House of Thorns?:
championsroleplay.com

What appeals to you the most about the Guild?:
I'm looking for a heavy RP group comprised of mature adults. I'm not looking for just ERP - I want to role play with other adults, and not shy away from mature subjects. From the description, the House of Thorns is NOT just a place for ERP'ers to hang out and cyber. I hope that the membership is made up of good roleplayers and I look forward to high quality roleplay.

In what way do you see yourself contribute to the Group?
I will be an active roleplayer, hopefully adding to the atmosphere and fun of the group. Also I'm looking forward to completing missions in character. I enjoy grouping and helping others.

What's your characters traits; Their flaws, their strengths?
Prometheus is a Titan. He has incredible regenerative properties, titanic strength, and a sly intelligence. He regards mankind as his children - he loves them and will do anything to help them. He regards personal freedom as more important than 'the good of the masses', and he despises institutions who try and curtail individual freedom. He also will not allow himself to be imprisoned ever again (if he can help it). Technically, he is still bound by Zeus' golden chains, but Prometheus has found a way to turn that imprisonment into empowerment. He holds a grudge against Zeus - who he sees as a petty tyrant who cares little for mankind. Paradoxically, Prometheus considers himself a cut above humanity. He sees himself as a Godlike figure who benevolently shepherds humanity as the mortals go about their lives.

What position do you see your Character in the House of Thorns?
Prometheus may have a hard time being subservient in anl organization. However, if he is accepted with the respect he thinks he deserves (as a Titan and Godling) and the leadership plays off his ego and (at least to his face) treat him as an honored advisor, or something more than a common member then he will be content to stay in the background and let others run the House.

----

What times do you play?:
Weekday evenings (EST), and on weekends

What day would be best to play your House of Thorns Character?:
Sunday

Cake or Pie?:
Pie! (The Cake is a lie!)

I have read the common questions thread!

DrTachyon

Back to top Go down

Application:  Prometheus Empty Re: Application: Prometheus

Post  Skunk Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:20 pm

Hi Prometheus. Smile

I know this may sound like a silly question, but reading your application I couldn't help wondering if I read your character describition right.
Is Prometheus "The Prometheus" like the Titan/God/Deity that, in Greek Myth, gave the gift of fire to man? Or is your character a hero using Prometheus as his heroic nickname?
Skunk
Skunk

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:36 pm

Hi there, Prometheus.

Thanks for the application.
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  DrTachyon Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:41 pm

Thanks for the welcome.

Yes, He's the Titan Prometheus. Recently unbound (by a cadre of superheroes) and backin the World. ;-)

DrTachyon

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:51 am

Hey there Prom. Glad you posted an application.

Best of luck, sounds interesting!
Lexi
Lexi
Resident Gynoid

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:53 am

Your character is actually a GOD?

Wikipedia wrote:In Greek mythology, the Titans (Greek: Τιτάν - Ti-tan; plural: Τιτᾶνες - Ti-tânes), were a race of powerful deities that ruled during the legendary Golden Age. Their role as Elder Gods was overthrown by a race of younger gods, the Olympians, which effected a mythological paradigm shift that the Greeks may have borrowed from the Ancient Near East.
Wikipedia wrote:In Greek mythology, Prometheus (Ancient Greek: Προμηθεύς, "forethought") is a Titan, the son of Iapetus and Themis, and brother to Atlas, Epimetheus and Menoetius. He was a champion of human-kind known for his wily intelligence, who stole fire from Zeus and gave it to mortals. Zeus then punished him for his crime by having him bound to a rock while a great eagle ate his liver every day only to have it grow back to be eaten again the next day. His myth has been treated by a number of ancient sources, in which Prometheus is credited with – or blamed for – playing a pivotal role in the early history of humankind.
Lexi
Lexi
Resident Gynoid

Back to top Go down

Post  Harbinger Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Prometheus,

I sent you a PM about your application, and have not heard back from you. For the mean time we're going to consider your application withdrawn until we have a chance to touch base about your character.

I look forward to working on a way to find room for you in the House.

Harbinger
Harbinger
Harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down