House of Thorns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application: Hydra (Withdrawn)

+3
Lilith
Lexi
Hydra
7 posters

Go down

Application: Hydra (Withdrawn) Empty Application: Hydra (Withdrawn)

Post  Hydra Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:05 am

By filling in this application you declare your Out Of Character and In Character age is above 18+. Anyone found to be violating this primary rule will be removed from the guild without question. I also accept the Super Group contains themes of an adult nature and will abide by SSC Rulings listed below;

Safe: Attempts should be made to identify and prevent risks to health.
Sane: Activities should be undertaken in a sane and sensible cast of mind.
Consensual: All activities should involve the full consent of all parties involved.

Your Characters Name:
Hydra@MJParker

Your Characters Gender:
Female.

Your Characters Age:
Mid to late 20s.

Your (As in Player's) Date of Birth:
9/01/82

Your Characters Species:
Genetically altered human.

Your Personal Roleplay Experience:
I've been RPing offline (tabletop) and on for the past 13 years at least. I'm familiar with forum-based roleplay, though I prefer to roleplay in game due to the inherent timing issue of posting. I am a competent writer and I like to work with others to develop events and plots, having been a large MRP kinship RP officer on lotro for some time and also a long-time DM/GM/Storyteller.

----

Where did you hear about House of Thorns?:
I've heard about it from sight exposure during a wedding event which was (accidentally?) advertised over CORP. While I did not have the ability to attend because I was RPing elsewhere already, I took it upon myself to do a web search and check out your forums here.

What appeals to you the most about the Guild?:
I am very used to 18+ mandates on guild/sg/kinship/etc applicants and I feel uncomfortable being in a group that is not designated mature. I'm familiar with the BDSM scene, and while I don't seek out ERP I am not intolerant of its place within context. I also appreciate the thought that went into the concept of the house's history and origins.

In what way do you see yourself contribute to the Group?
I am an immersive RPer with thought-out and three dimensional characters. Additionally I am a laid-back and generous woman by nature, and I attempt to keep in-character drama as strictly that: in-character.

What's your characters traits; Their flaws, their strengths?
Hydra has become incredibly strong and confident because of the hardships which she's been through, and has also developed the drive to become powerful because of it. She has done some bad things in her past, as noted in her primus database entry, and is currently held in the custody of the MCPD based SG: Meta-SWAT - supposedly for her own protection from VIPER.

She may also react somewhat strongly against those guilty of terrible crimes, such as rape or murder, by permanently crippling the offender. While she is most certainly within the archetype of a femme fatale, it is largely due to her cunning and not symptomatic of histrionic personality disorder. She uses whatever methods serve a means to an end, no matter how strange they might be to an outside observer.

What position do you see your Character in the House of Thorns?
Hydra is something of a free-spirited, espionage-reliant femme fatale and vigilante. I am not entirely sure what positions the house has, but I am willing to work within the bounds of the established backstory and concept for the group to find a place where she can be useful. Secret societies have their ways of keeping secrets hidden, surely?

----

What times do you play?:
I'm an EST player, and typically am around in the evenings or afternoons.

What day would be best to play your House of Thorns Character?:
Any, most. I don't have specific days where I play or don't play as per schedule.

Cake or Pie?:
If a dessert is delicious, I don't care if it's cake or pie.

Like a Star @ heaven I have reviewed the common questions thread. Like a Star @ heaven

Thanks for taking time to fill this in!
Hydra
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Application: Hydra (Withdrawn) Empty Re: Application: Hydra (Withdrawn)

Post  Lexi Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:28 am

Hey there Hydra.

Interesting char and RP experience! Best of luck with your app! The only slight niggle is the 'Vigilante' thing. She is on the right side of the law I hope? Smile
Lexi
Lexi
Resident Gynoid

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:02 am

Hi there, Hydra.

Thanks for dropping us an application.

Feel free to look us in game for some RP. We're very approachable.
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Hydra Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:44 am

Hydra's no villain, and though in her past she was used by VIPER, she does regret the things which she was coerced to do. She's currently involved in RP with Meta-SWAT (though not a member) due to a recent event involving the kidnapping of one of their members. I was hoping to have that partially resolved yesterday, but the chat servers went insane!

Hoping to run across your people in the field, but please feel free to contact me whenever I'm online as well. Sometimes I have very bad luck at happening upon people in the wild, as it were.. Razz
Hydra
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post  Skunk Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:23 am

VIPER plot!!! *runs to collect antidote*

Hi Hydra, Good luck with your application.
Skunk
Skunk

Back to top Go down

Post  Shayla Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:53 pm

Hey hunni me and Tisiphone share alot in common with viper

Shayla is mine rather

Feel Free to find us for some RPs!

Shayla

Back to top Go down

Post  Lexi Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:15 am

Where did you hear about House of Thorns?:
I've heard about it from sight exposure during a wedding event which was (accidentally?) advertised over CORP. While I did not have the ability to attend because I was RPing elsewhere already, I took it upon myself to do a web search and check out your forums here.

Oooh oooh, Wedding?!

I do like your app, like the sound of the character too. My only question right now is where'd you see this Wedding event?! <Gasp> santa
Lexi
Lexi
Resident Gynoid

Back to top Go down

Post  Harbinger Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:47 pm

Cy wrote: My only question right now is where'd you see this Wedding event?! <Gasp> santa

Lilkely to be me. Because all the other channels are easy to type "/c corp" for example, I tend to leave my default channel as Champ RP and open myself up for MT's.

*blush*
Harbinger
Harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Raphael diSanto Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:46 pm

I'd just like to add that MJ is an -awesome- RPer.
Raphael diSanto
Raphael diSanto

Back to top Go down

Post  Harbinger Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:42 pm

Hydra wrote:Secret societies have their ways of keeping secrets hidden, surely?

I really like your application though some points in your primus entry gave me little "mer?" moments as Hydra as presented does sound like she's danced a bit on the 'other side' of the law. I quoted the above to specifically look at some thoughts related to this.

The House is not itself a secret society, though some members keep their membership secret. We are a registered hero organization, many if not most of us are registered heroes, and we try to keep both feet in bounds at all times. There are times we bend the rules, but we know the breaking point and stop short. Will this be a problem for Hydra to meld into as a public figure?
Harbinger
Harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  Hydra Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:37 pm

Hydra is by nature rather slippery, though she's never acted maliciously against the law of her own free will. She was being held recently in custody, but only because it was presumed that she required protective custody. She's been released as a result of psychological evaluation by one Dr David Smith, also known as Psionistar, and there have not been any charges filed against her at this time.

She is not currently a registered hero, as she has only recently been able to overcome the mental barriers which kept her in the employ of VIPER. I do not think that she would be opposed to the idea of registering, though she's not a legal citizen of the USA, and would require a work visa or the like in order to do so (I would assume.)

She is a ruthless and efficient woman.. and public opinion of strong women being what it is, she is often seen to be more morally impaired than is actually the case. Perhaps it's the reptilian eyes and the catsuit? I won't claim that she's not sadistic, but I would hope that isn't a problem as long as she follows proper conduct. Should she step outside bounds, I will understand entirely with her being removed from consideration at that time.
Hydra
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:58 pm

"Dear Hydra,

I apologize for the lack of communication of late. House business keeps me well occupied. However, I do still wish to speak with you about your petition to the House. Feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience.

Warmest regards,

~Lilith"

============================================================================
((OOC - If you are still interested in pursuing your application, feel free to contact me or any of the Officers in-game:

•Lilith (@Seleos)
•Rosepetal (@APBullet)
•Harbinger (@Storm-Herald)
•Sabbath (@RunRiot)
•Fetish (@manm) ))
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Hydra Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:58 am

((I.. should be around more often now, post-holiday, and I felt it'd be prudent to let you all know I'm still active despite not exactly being online recently! Hope to see you all around in-game. Happy holidays to you all. Smile ))
Hydra
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post  Hydra Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:24 pm

((I'd like to retract my application - I decided to join the SG that my fiance is in with his character. I apologize for the confusion and appreciate your consideration. The Thorns members which I had a chance to speak to were all awesome, so I don't want there to be the impression that I was 'ragequitting' my application or something silly like that! I will absolutely keep the Thorns in mind for the next character I take to 40. Very Happy ))
Hydra
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:00 pm

Not a problem at all. Good luck to you. And feel free to RP with us anytime.
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down