House of Thorns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application: Emerald

3 posters

Go down

Application:  Emerald Empty Application: Emerald

Post  marcussmythe Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:13 pm

-Withdrawn-

Last edited by marcussmythe on Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:32 am; edited 2 times in total

marcussmythe

Back to top Go down

Application:  Emerald Empty Re: Application: Emerald

Post  Lilith Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:30 am

marcussmythe wrote:

Your (As in Player's) Date of Birth:
First Activated December 19th, 5717

That is interesting information about your character, but we need at least a birth year for you, the player. It is yet another confirmation for us, if you please.

I also see that you list that your character is "catastrophically remorseless" in the attempt to satisy the directive to protect humans. What does this mean exactly?

And thanks for the application. Feel free to nudge us in game for RP and such.

Last edited by Lilith on Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Harbinger Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:42 am

And if I can chime in with one of my stock questions:

If she is an artificial lifeform, can we assume she has been programmed with certain 'mercy' protocals? That is to say will accept surrender, or will use non-lethal force when appropriate? I'm looking to head off the inevitable "Hm...he has stopped breathing. Is this bad?" that can often work into these kinds of storylines.
Harbinger
Harbinger

Back to top Go down

Post  marcussmythe Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:51 am

Lilith wrote:
marcussmythe wrote:

Your (As in Player's) Date of Birth:
First Activated December 19th, 5717

That is interesting information about your character, but we need at least a birth year for you, the player. It is yet another confirmation for us, if you please.

I also see that you list that your character is "catastrophically remorseless" in the attempt to satisy the directive to protect humans. What does this mean exactly?

And thanks for the application. Feel free to nudge us in game for RP and such.

Shes just absolutely practical, and doesn't always understand the limits of human behavior. Shes the sort that would probably hijack a container ship full of luxury food headed to New York Harbor and redirect it to a third world nation. Sure, you 'just don't do that', but from her point of view, its a human life versus a good dinner. Also, shes the sort that does the math, and goes with the best outcome, even if it seems odd or horrible at the time. The 'kill 10 to save 11' sort of math.

Shes a war machine, or was originally, and one created to fight for/protect humans. Thus she would always accept an honorable surrender (though she would probably ALSO not accept the honorable surrender of the DC Universe Joker after the third or fourth escape and mass-murder spree, she is a learning organism), always attempts to protect human life, etc. Dealing with super-villians presents some confusion for her, because they are both 1.) People and 2.) The Enemy. The current compromise is to disable human supervillians, and hand them over to authorities. Aliens, Robots, and the like dont tend to get the benefit of the doubt.

Make sense?

marcussmythe

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilith Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:57 am

After some RP, I am sorry to say that this application is denied.

We do not see the character as a good fit to the House. However, please do consider us for RP in general.

Thank you, Emerald.
Lilith
Lilith
Matriarch of the House

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down